Sunday, January 11, 2015

1 month down, 1 month to go.

So for some reason I can't think of what to write tonight.
This is post 100! 
 We got maternity pictures taken when I was 31 weeks!
It was a mini session so it was quick and cheap! 
These are my favorites! 
In the past few weeks not much has happened. 
Well I guess Matt and I both passed all of our classes. So that's super good,
There were a couple we both really struggled with.
Neither of us are taking classes this semester. It's nice to have a break. (Especially for Matt)
Christmas was great! We enjoyed that day together. 
And we had a early dinner with his Mom that day 
We were given a cute little seat for baby. Like a bumbo, but it comes with a tray that has toys too.
With some Christmas money I received I bought a crib! There was one that I LOVE (it's bright yellow) and it wasn't super expensive. I think all my Christmas money went to something that had to do with baby. I also bought a Moby wrap and a diaper bag. 
OH, OH OH! Someone picked us for a secret santa this year! They came and knocked ran away and left goodies at our door! I have no idea who did it, but it was wonderful! It's weird though, either someone who knows us incredibly well or they are just good guessers. We got tons of goodies tailored to Matt's likes and mine as well. Not to even mention the cute baby outfits that is something we would've picked out ourselves. So Sweet. Thank you whoever did this! 
For New Year's Eve we had a family "Christmas" party. haha. We had a white elephant gift exchange and played games and everything else. I was super tired that night. 
That Saturday Daniel (one of our Nephews) was baptized, and since I got a nice camera I forgot how to use I took some baptism pictures for him.
Man. I need practice. It's been too long since I touched an actual camera. 
I'm starting to get anxious for baby boy to be here. 
Pretty sure I've cleaned and rearranged the bedroom like 10 times. (It's where most of our storage is and where Mom will be staying so it needs to basically be finished when she comes)
I also broke the $1 frame of the Christ and children picture. 
I need to buy a new frame now.
OH! I finished the changing table! 
I painted it Navy blue, and it looks pretty slick!
I don't have a picture saved of it, so maybe when the room is done. 
I've washed all the clothes we have for baby. (Hand-me-downs and a few new pieces) 
I need to buy one of those plastic 3-drawer things. (I totally just forgot the name)
Last week, I dropped my phone in the snow. Luckily one of our neighbors saw it, picked it up, stuck it in rice, and was able to get a hold of us about a day later. I was seriously freaking out. There's work stuff on there, and other important things. Like my awesome list of things to take to the hospital. 
I am so glad he saved my phone!
Thanks to one of my best friends, Danielle, I got my breast pump. FOR FREE!
She has the same insurance as I do (both through our Dads) and told me where she got hers at. I had been procrastinating on figuring it all out. So I went to the same site and had it at my doorstep within a week. 
We ordered our carseat/stroller set online on Friday. It should be here by next Friday. So that's a HUGE load off our chest.
I just need a few minuscule things before he comes. 
BUT especially a going home outfit! 
We went to the Dr. this last week, and yes. My blood pressure is slowly rising. 
Which explains all the swelling
I've cut out all extra salt, starting chugging water, and taking magnesium in the past month to try to help it.
I need to start walking more, you know to help my body control my blood pressure and to help with labor. 
Inversion needs to go away so I don't die of pollution poisoning when I walk outside.
I created the Birth Plan this past week, and hopefully it's not over the top. 
Hopefully I get something out of my plan. 
Hopefully my blood pressure levels out and I really get to use my plan.
Maybe I should make a secondary plan...just in case my blood pressure spikes. 
So I guess I figured out something to write about. 

How Far Along:  35 weeks
Weight Gain/Loss: About 30lbs. 
Sleep: What sleep? 
Best Moment This Week: Not this week, but we completed our birthing class, so we don't have to drive  up to SLC every week now! YAY! This week though we bought our car seat/stroller set and I got my breast pump! WOOO!
Movement:  Yes, all the time, he likes to play this game of stick his foot out as far he can then I will give it a little push so it's not so uncomfortable then he will do it again! 
Food Cravings/Aversions: Chicken and Garlic is gross. I gagged over garlic tonight. 
Pregnancy Symptoms: Big belly, my belly button sticks out, braxon hicks, HOT I AM SO HOT, ALL THE TIME! Swelling. Moody. Anxious. Headaches.
What I Miss: Clothes that fit properly. I wore this dress today and it went past my knees when I bought it last May....not anymore! 
Stretch Marks:  Like 6 on my sides and like 3 on my lower belly I can no longer see without a mirror. 
Girl or Boy?: BOY. 
Belly Button:  It's out. But my belly button is a permanent innie. 
Wedding Rings:  Off. I took off his Grandmother's ring today because it was tight, and we don't want it to get stuck. Background: My ring is a size 4.5-5 somewhere around there. His Grandmother's ring is a 7-8. I'm pretty swollen, and probably retaining water now.
Mood: Depends on the day. haha. 
Labor Signs:  Braxon Hicks. Super tight tummy. Like a hard rock.
Milestones: Roughly 5 week to go?
Upcoming Appointments/Events: next appointment is next week. Not sure the day off hand, but I might go in this week if I still feel weird, and swelling doesn't stop. (High Blood Pressure)
What I look forward to: Mom is coming soon! (on the 30th)  And so is baby boy!
Weekly Wisdom: I wish I  had been more active at the start of my pregnancy and was able to exercise more to control swelling and blood pressure.



2 comments:

  1. Heather I love that you love the photos! You're such a delightful person, I hope everything continues to run smoothly for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll gladly go over your birth plan if you feel it's "over the top " (which it probably is not!! Birthing should be enjoyable and.you have every right to hope for it to go a particular way!)

    -Jenna.

    ReplyDelete